Work With Us
There’s a lot of award-winning talent in this town but for some reason it’s still not a big blip on the Ad World radar. We’re out to change that. Dunn&Co. wants to be for Tampa what Fallon is for Minneapolis, Crispin is for Boulder, and Martin is for the entire state of Virginia. If you know who those agencies are and know what we’re talking about then we want to talk to you whether we have an opening or not.
Sr. Healthcare Writer
Dunn&Co. seeks a full-time Healthcare Senior Copywriter to augment its Tampa, Florida USA DunnHealth team. If you are fascinated with healthcare and medical breakthroughs; consider yourself a strategically minded, innovative thinker whose portfolio demonstrates the ability to craft effective, award-winning work; and feel strongly passionate about being a creative leader, you might be the person we’re looking for.
You must be a self-motivated, endlessly curious individual who can unearth ideas from your team across a variety of media. You must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills, and knowledge of today’s healthcare industry. Healthcare experience in this context refers less to hospital systems and more to pharmaceutical and medical product manufacturing marketing and promotion.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Collaborate with Dunn&Co. account teams, clients, creative directors, art directors, cinematographers and designers to concept campaigns, develop messaging strategies and write effective, brand-appropriate copy for our healthcare clients
- Be comfortable and confident working on a wide variety of online and offline media, such as sales aids, resource guides, white papers, trade show exhibits, web sites, interactive apps, and training scripts
- Competently align your copy to our clients’ brand voices, comply with regulatory guidelines, and build communications strategies aimed at healthcare professionals, patients, caregivers and/or consumers
- Review and edit copy for clarity, proper grammar and punctuation
- Intelligently incorporate client and account team feedback, comments and changes while adhering to timelines and due dates
- Annotate journal references for fact checking, following the American Medical Association Manual of Style
- Demonstrate understanding of assigned brands, indications, therapeutic categories and competitive landscape
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in advertising, communications or journalism
- Have three to five-plus years’ copywriting experience with healthcare, pharmaceutical or life sciences brands
- Understand healthcare advertising regulations (and how to push the boundaries)
- Possess a thorough understanding of print/web production, functionality, information architecture, navigation, email marketing standards and interactive design principles
- Be able to articulate project feasibility to account management and clients
- Be able to present, persuade and inspire
- Pay strong attention to detail and version control
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment while functioning as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Work proficiently in Microsoft Office
- Possess a hunger to stay abreast of healthcare industry trends, emerging medical technologies and business solutions