Work With Us
There’s a lot of award-winning talent in this town but for some reason it’s still not a big blip on the Ad World radar. We’re out to change that. Dunn&Co. wants to be for Tampa what Fallon is for Minneapolis, Crispin is for Boulder, and Martin is for the entire state of Virginia. If you know who those agencies are and know what we’re talking about then we want to talk to you whether we have an opening or not.
Senior Brand Strategist
Senior Brand Strategist
Dunn&Co. is an advertising/branding agency that digs deep with research and strategic thinking to uncover a single piece of human insight that will help consumers understand how a brand can fit into their lives. In this senior brand strategist role, you’ll be part of a dedicated team working on food service and restaurant clients. The senior brand strategist acts independently to lead the process of brand planning and communications planning and to instill confidence in the team and the client.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING IN BRAND PLANNING OR COMMS PLANNING AT AN AGENCY.
- Lead strategy on two large pieces of business with minimal supervision, feedback, or support
- Master the craft of simple human insights and articulate them within both client presentations and creative briefs
- Bring proactive thinking to move the client’s business and brand forward
- Keep the work on its strategic track, from conception to sell-through to measurement and optimization
- Uncover and interpret relevant trends in the client’s space
- Audit competitive strategies & uncover white space opportunities
- Lead communications planning initiatives on behalf of each brand and assist in the development of channel and tactical plans
- Earn the respect and trust of creative and account counterparts to lead the client’s business as a team
- Earn the respect and trust of clients as someone who is an expert on their business, their brand, and their audiences
- Guide clients, alongside account partners, to clearly align on challenges and key messaging
- Provide direction across internal teams to guide work in keeping with the defined insight and single-minded proposition
- Solve problems and “manage up” to strategy leadership on any issues before they become larger problems
- Problem solving: Uses rigorous logic. Never stops at the first answer. Can see the bigger picture. Able to apply experiences from one brand to another, where possible/applicable.
- Creative perspective: Ability to evaluate work, connect ideas, and provide direction to make the work better.
- Interpersonal skill: Ability to relate with humility to all kinds of people, inside the agency and out, in order to build rapport and effective solutions.
- Writing and presentation: Able to write with persuasion and attention to detail. Should be a master of synthesizing complex ideas into simple decks and presenting with charisma.
- Research know-how: Ability to plan for research needs (both qual and quant) and work with vendors to execute. Capable of drawing deeper insights out of available data.
- Optimism: Possesses energy, intellect, and humility. Displays a driving desire to win and positively pushes the agency to be its very best.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at an advertising agency, with at least three years of that experience in a strategy role (brand strategy or comms planning)
- Work experience on food service clients is preferred, but not required.
Our estimated range for this role is $85k – $110k. Compensation packages are based on the skill level and experience that each candidate brings to their role. A more senior or junior position could be a better fit with your expertise. Each level has its own compensation range. We benchmark each position against existing employee competencies and industry compensation data which includes geographic and agency size benchmarks.